# 👋 Welcome Messages
All of us already know what all of these greeting messages are, chances of you having been greeted by a Discord bot before is already high which is why I won't explain this.
# 🔧 How to setup?
To setup the welcome function, there are several procedures into doing this.
- Setup the channel where the bot will send the welcome messages.
config welcome channel #channel
- Setup the welcome message.
config welcome set Welcome <mention> to <server>! You are our special <userCount>th member!
# 📖 Message Patterns
You may have seen a little while ago about those weird patterns being thrown at the welcome messages, those are called
placeholders and their purpose is obvious, to be a placeholder for the value they represent.
There are several of them, here is a list of them and their meaning:
- <mention> To mention the user who is the focus of the event.
- <server> To mention the name of the server.
- <userCount> To mention the amount of users in the server (including the user).
# ⭕️ Disable
There are two disable options for the function, one is for erasing the welcome message (which is used for when you want to use a welcome image only) and the other is disabling the entire function (which will only remove the channel).
To erase the welcome message, set it to none:
config welcome set none
To disable the feature, use the following command:
config welcome disable